Saturday, February 28, 2015

The Home Stretch!

It's crazy that yet another month has already gone by! I feel like Mardi Gras was just yesterday (which by the way was even better with all my new friends who had their first Mardi Gras!) and it's March tomorrow - only two more months until the program over!

I've been really enjoying spending more time with friends in the program! This weekend we started an unofficial Poker Night that we're going to try and do once a month! Obviously super casual and most of us are just learning to play, but it's another way for all of us to bond and hang out!

Pharmacology wise, our step exam is literally 3 weeks away, which is kind of nerve racking - I mean knowing all the drugs from the entire year, that's so many drugs! But luckily the program has equipped us with the knowledge to succeed.

Other than that, volunteering has been going well! The more I volunteer at the hospital, the more I'm able to interact with the patients which is always a rewarding experience. This past weekend, I met a lovely little boy who was finally getting discharged from Children's Hospital after nearly 6 months of in and out care. It was wonderful to be able to see him progress since I've been volunteering there, and we were all so happy to send him off.

Total Hours: 15

No comments:

Post a Comment